We are trying to potty train and it is NOT going well. I feel like we have tried every trick in the book. One day Drew wants to use the potty the next he is very resistant. I have tried to just put him in underwear but now he screams at the sight of them. This morning I try to put him in a pull up and I get the same reaction. Everyone says to not push the issue, they will start to want to use the potty when they are ready. I am trying to be laid back about this but I would really like for him to be potty trained by his 3rd birthday, any suggestions?
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Posted by Pamela at 8:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
some of my friends have used a book called potty training in one day. Some say it works and others say it is at least helpful. We have not started trying yet but this was the book I was going to read. Good luck!!!! Love your blog design.
Funny how he looks so happy on the potty and no one would ever know how difficult it it o potty train him! I have no advice or suggestions in this area, but would love to get yours once you figure it out!!
What a cute picture.. hey I love that shower curtain, but anyways, I think you will know when Drew is ready. I wouldn't push the issue. I did some, and then I backed off, and then it just kinda happened. You don't have to have it done by the 3rd bday. Tucker was already a little over 3, and one day he just started "getting it" if you know what I mean, and then it just got easier and easier. Good luck! Allison
We're going through the same exact thing at our house. Brax does great for a few days, then proceeds to pee everywhere and flatly refuse to use the potty. I've decided that he'll do it when he's ready. I don't know anyone our age that isn't potty trained :) Hang in there!
Oh, Pamela! Bless your heart. I have no idea??? I wish I had some good advice. He is SO smart - it is simply a matter him WANTING to... that must be so frustrating. I have a feeling Beau is going to be hard, too. He, like Drew, screams at the sight of underwear. What's the deal with that? I'll second Amber's comment on how cute and happy he looks on the potty, though! This too shall pass...
Post a Comment