Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ice, Ice Baby




Today Drew wanted to go to the museum, I ,on the other hand, had other ideas. I have always wanted to see the Ice! at Opryland and thought Drew would enjoy it, it only comes once a year, right? Yeah well it was fun but I have to say it was a little tough to wrangle a 2 year old, a camera and my purse with a parka and gloves on. The theme this year is the Grinch and it is all pretty cute. They keep it at 12 degrees, you forget how cold that is! He really enjoyed the big slide, which I was unable to get any pictures of because I was sliding too! Let me just vent about how sometimes older people forget what it is like to have a young child. The lady manning the top of the slide would only let you go down one at a time, which I understand they are just trying to be safe but you really did not go very fast-Drew picks up more speed at the slide inside the mall and about 5 kids usually slide at one time, she would not let me slide down until Drew had gotten all the way to the bottom and walked off-which meant he could run off without me. I just went ahead and slid when she was not looking-I mean a 2 year old is not going to wait for Mommy!!!!

Anyway we had a good time, I think we were the youngest people there, they had a bunch of older people on those tours(I have decided that is what I am going to do when I get old). They all enjoyed watching Drew run around and they were pretty funny to watch on the slide. They thought it was hilarious that he screamed and did not want to wear the parka, I did not find it so funny. All in all we had fun, it was a little short and somewhat expensive-although Drew was free, not sure if I would go again but oh well.

3 comments:

Andrew and Carter's Mom said...

I'm glad you guys had such a great Thanksgiving! The ice place looks fun- I always wanted to go there when I lived in Nashville but I was weirded out about having to wear their jackets that someone else had been wearing before. Did you have to wear their parka?? Yuck!

The May Family said...

Hey! Chris and I are going to that exhibit next weekend with some friends. I was thinking the same thing that Amber just said about wearing the used ( 100 time used) parkas. What if I get lice! HA! I am sure that it will be worth it to be able to act like a big kid again! I cant wait to slide!

Dee-Dee said...

Oh - that sounds like fun. We took Abby to that 2 years ago (I was pregnant with Beau). She loved it. We went on the last day (it was actually after Christmas) and there was no one there, so we had the run of the place! I thought it was really neat - so much work!! That is funny about the slide. I may get back to blogging one of these days - still busy unpacking and no new pictures...I hope you are doing well!