I am a little slow on the uptake, I am sure most of you guys have used and sold things off of Craisgslist before but I have to share my first experience-so funny.
I am doing some spring cleaning inside and outside of the house. We have had these old landscaping bricks in the garage forever and I was talking to my Mom about how to get rid of them. She suggested I offer them for free off of Craigslist.
So last night I take some pictures and post them-hoping that maybe someone will take them off of my hands-and not really thinking I would get any responses.
My 11am this morning I had over 70 e-mails!!!!!
I contacted the first person-who is a girl from Lebanon. She stated they would be there in a few hours. At 2pm they show up in their beat-up pick up, take all of the bricks and an old fish tank stand. She proceeds to tell me about how they had already gotten some hamsters from another lady this morning and they get free stuff all of the time off of Craigslist and Freecycle. She said they haul it away, give it to others or they store it in a big garage they have behind their house-I would hate to do their spring cleaning. Apparently this is what they do on a regular basis. Her little 4-year old boy was even asking if we were giving away Drew's ride on toys. Had no idea people did that!!!!! Funny! If you ever need to get rid of anything easily I would suggest using Craigslist.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Craigslist
Posted by Pamela at 12:06 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comments:
This is hilarious. We had the same thing happen last week. I wanted to get rid of the armoir in my bedroom...cost about 1200 from Sprintz, but extremely heavy and just wanted to get ird of it. Was going to make it free but decided to make it $250. Within a few hours, I had 7 emails that wanted it! Next day I put a 10 yr old TV on there, had 5 emails that day and got rid of it. I love Craigslist but am nervous about strangers coming to my house.
Post a Comment