Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 7, 2008

Update.....

What a difference 6 days can make!

We were able to go and spend some time with Justin yesterday and overall it went very well. I thought he would be angry with us for leaving him there but he was very happy to see us. He looked a lot better, he has gained some weight-said he had been working out and eating good. He has been reading a lot and going to lots of classes. He did not have any negative comments. He seemed genuinely happy to be getting help. It was night and day from the Monday before.

This past week I think I have been given every negative statistic and every possible horror story about addicts and how many times they return to rehab before getting better (especially from Kyle's counselor friends-lovely!!!!). Even though I know these are the facts I continue to hope we will beat the odds. We ask for continued prayer. We know this is just the beginning. The difficulties will come when trying to return him to normal life. For now he is in a safe place and for that we are grateful.

Thanks,
Pamela

3 comments:

Dee-Dee said...

I am so glad for Justin and so glad for your family. He sounds like he is doing well and taking it in stride. I will continue to pray for his recovery as well as for his beating the odds. One day at a time...

Andrew and Carter's Mom said...

I'm so glad to hear that things are going well (as well as they can be in a situation like this). I am continuing to pray for all of you.

Unknown said...

Pamela,
Wanted to tell you that Kaylee wrote and had me send Justin the sweetest letter. I wish you could read it. She has been very worried and asked me if she could write him. She did it all totally on her own and told him how she had always looked up to him and still does and that he made such a good decison in going to the rehab place! We sent it today. Allison